Australia ICOMOS invites our global colleagues to join us at our ‘GA2020 Marker Event’ to acknowledge the work undertaken to organise the 20th Triennial General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of ICOMOS that could not be hosted in Sydney in 2020.
The Marker Event will be a live-streamed panel discussion on the theme of Shared Cultures – Shared Heritage – Shared Responsibility; and will include the launch of a special ‘legacy’ issue of Historic Environment.
Date and Time
The event will be held on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 8.00pm AEDT (Sydney / Canberra), 11:00 am CEST (Paris), 5:00 am EDT (New York).
Themes and Speakers
The GA2020 Scientific Committee have developed a jam-packed program with 14 experts covering six themes in individual presentation and panel discussion formats. The themes and speakers are listed below.
Moderator: Prof Tracy Ireland
Respondent: Nargiz Aituganova (ICOMOS EPWG)
Launch of Special GA2020 issue of Historic Environment: Mikel Landa (President of the ICOMOS Advisory Committee)
Hosts: Toshi Kono (President, International ICOMOS), Helen Lardner (President, Australia ICOMOS), Richard Mackay (Convenor GA2020 and GA2023)
ICOMOS GA2020 Scientific Symposium Co-Chairs
Dr Steve Brown & Dr Ona Vileikis
Dr Cristina Garduño Freeman & Dr Marco Antonio Chávez-Aguayo
Agnieshka Kiera & Kai Weise
Dr MacLaren North & Susan Macdonald
Dr Chris Wilson & Dr Diane Menzies
Dr Susan McIntyre-Tamwoy & Dr Tim Badman
Dr Tokie Laotan-Brown & Dr James Lesh
All persons wishing to attend the Marker Event must complete an online registration form to receive access to the event.
- Registration is open to ICOMOS members and non-members.
- The event is complimentary.
- The event will be in English with simultaneous French and Spanish translation available. Attendees will receive access to the event based on the language selected in the online registration form.
- Registered attendees will receive log in details to pre-submit questions for the panel discussion.
- Registered attendees will receive log in details and instructions to access the event platform closer to the date.
- All sessions will be live streamed through the event platform, Facebook and YouTube.
- The event will be recorded and made available post-event.
Once registered, attendees will be provided with a confirmation email and access to pre-submit questions for the panel discussions.
The questions may also be submitted by the chat function in the event platform during the panel sessions. The questions will be reviewed by the moderators and accepted questions will be presented to the speakers.
The Event Organisers reserve the right to use any recordings whether audio or video and/or any photographs taken at any stage during the event for promotional, advertising or reporting of the event and/or its content at their sole discretion.
The Event Organisers (Arinex) comply with the below legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
- Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017.
- Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Marker Event. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the event will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the event or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the event including arrangements for your participation (e.g. access to the event platform)
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events (e.g. ICOMOS GA2023, 31 August – 9 September 2023 in Sydney, Australia)
The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Event Organisers, the host organisation and any future organisers of the event.
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Event Organisers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Event Organisers.
For further information please see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement at link