The Scientific Symposium Committee would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to the call for abstracts. We are absolutely delighted by the quality and number of submissions received. The Scientific Committee will now be reviewing all the abstracts to craft an innovative and thought provoking program.
The Scientific Symposium offers a major research, information sharing, training and capacity-building opportunity for delegates, who will be able to present and attend papers, seminars, workshops, site visits and other sessions.
|2 October 2019||Abstract online submission site opens|
|13 January 2020||Deadline to submit an abstract to system|
|29 April 2020||Authors notified of abstract submission outcome|
|31 July 2020||Author registration deadline*|
* Presenters and session organisers MUST register for the GA2020 by the above date to confirm attendance. Presenters/session organisers who have not registered by this date will have their abstracts removed from the Scientific Symposium Program.
All presenters agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Agree that if the abstract is accepted, ICOMOS has permission to publish the abstract in printed and/or electronic formats.
- Intend to register for and attend the GA2020 Scientific Symposium and pay the appropriate registration fee by 31 July 2020.
Failure to register by 31 July 2020 will result in the following:
- The proposal being withdrawn from the GA2020 Scientific Symposium.
- The submitter will not be allowed to present their abstract at the meeting.
- The abstract will not be citable as being part of the ICOMOS GA2020 Scientific Symposium Proceedings.
If you are unable to attend the meeting and wish to name a substitute presenter, please use the following guidelines:
- The Presenting Author is the only author that may request a substitute presenter.
- Substitute presenter must be a co-author.
- Substitute presenter must NOT be presenting another abstract at the meeting.
- After the abstract submission deadline of 13 January 2020, all requests for presenter changes MUST be made using the ‘Contact Meeting Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal.
- Substitution requests must be made PRIOR to 31 July 2020.
- All Presenter Changes must be communicated to and approved by the ICOMOS GA2020 Scientific Symposium co-chairs prior to 31 July 2020.
Withdrawal of Abstracts
The following are the guidelines for withdrawing abstracts:
- You may withdraw your abstract at any time until 13 January 2020, without notifying the ICOMOS GA2020 Scientific Symposium co-chairs, through the abstract submission.
- Abstracts withdrawn after 13 January 2020, must be withdrawn using the ‘Contact Meeting Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered.
- Withdrawal requests must be received PRIOR to 31 July 2020.
Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance
The official notifications will be emailed on or about 29 April 2020 to all accepted presenters and session coordinators.
A further notification will be sent with your presentation date, session time and presentation guidelines.
More information on the notification dates will be available soon.